In an article I wrote for the Light design gallery (at the present time not yet published), I introduced my proposal for an indirect wall lights with LED strips . Here follow a few more technical details, as well as a complete building instructions. Also learn you, where you can buy the LED stripes and even a little trick from me, as you can also fix the LED-strips if not really allows the shape of the skirting board. While you should let this word “Building instructions” but not confuse you, because it is in fact very simple to produce an effective and beautiful, indirect lighting with the LED strips.
I have indirectly illuminates a wall with a sloping roof in this manner with myself. Before I continue touring first of all an image so that you can imagine anything including:
As you can see, sits the LED strips at the bottom and radiates vertically upwards. In doing so, thrown the light on the wall and illuminates the structure of ingrain wallpaper. It’s so indirect lighting.
What Are Ever LED Strips and What Are the Correct?
Called the LED strips, also LED strips or English LED Stripes LED Strip lights are a flexible strip that is stocked periodically with LEDs, according to listofledlights.com. The huge advantage is that the bands can be cut through all 5 cm with an ordinary household scissors.
The hinges will be delivered equipped with a plug at each end. Thus, the band can be cut to any and still be employed directly without soldering. This makes decorating with the bands super easy, even for those who have the technical expertise, nor access to soldering iron and co.
I use in my case the LED Strip warm white 5 m from minify, is to order it from Amazon (also with Prime). Check these reviews out once: 5 out of 5 stars – in my opinion absolutely justified. A detailed test report of me will follow soon.
The underside of the LED Strip is equipped with adhesive tape, in which similar like with double-sided tape only the Strip must be deducted. Thus you can apply directly and permanently to the tape on virtually any surface without the use of additional tools.
Attach the LED Strips on Skirting Board?
Well, there’s not just the component “Floor” and “Wall”, but usually even a skirting board in between. Some skirting boards have a flat top edge – the ideally to stick the LED strips directly on it.
Unfortunately, this not so often is the case in practice. Modern skirting boards have mostly rounded edges and these make it difficult to stick the LED strips. But this is where my creative insider’s tip in the game is now. Often you hear about High Gloss in conjunction with LED strips, but these are expensive and cumbersome to use.
I have a much simpler version, which is by the way also still very useful: A commercially available cable channel. They are available in any hardware store and they cost cents. In my case, I chose the circa 1 cm thick Variant. It takes I hid even the cable of 5 mm thick LED strips easily place and very practical way is for my rear speakers in it. To clarify, I have made the following sketch.
Building Instructions for the LED Strips on the Cable Channel Mounted
At the present time is probably already as well as obvious as this indirect illumination must be built, but nonetheless still once in detail lists.
Material – And Tool List for Our Project “Indirect Lighting”
- LED strips, such as already above mentioned available at
- The same length of cable channel
- Wall plugs and screws
- A pair of scissors to cut the LED strips
- A drill and a hammer
- Possibly a saw to cut the cable channel
Step 1: Install Cable Channel.
- Cut the cable channel if necessary, for this purpose, a hacksaw is suitable, Not it with also but also with traditional scissors, or for the very creative a sharp Brotmesesr
- Keep the cable channel on the wall and mark the drill holes.Because the cable channel must carry little weight, drill holes at a distance range from 75 cm to 1 m. But shaky he should not of course also.
- Drill the holes, the dowel plug in and fix it with a hammer.
- Now the cable channel bring back into position and tighten the screws.
Thus, the most difficult step is already done. The cable channel hangs on the wall and now only the LED Strip must be mounted.
Step 2: The LED Strip Cut, Paste and Connect.
- Here, once again some caution is advised.All 3 LEDs, the LED strip can be cut. This is so at least in my case. Watch be sure the tags. A solid white line (sounds almost like points in Flens burg) the potential interface signals.
- Stick-on now the LED strips around place, that is the plug on the desired side.Remove the protective foil at one end and widely applying the Strip approx. 1-2 cm.
Now it offers a long distance (E.g. 1 m) is to remove a large piece of the protective film and the Strip just to pull and then paste in a train. Thus, you get much straighter results as if to glue to the Strip centimetre by centimetre.
- Get ready!Connect only with the supplied power supply unit and is finished the beautiful result of LED.
An Insider Tip
Full to the conclusion now is still a very small tip, as you can still enhance the indirect lighting: one closes the bar not directly at the socket but instead of a radio controlled socket, you can control style lighting with a remote control.