Bienvenid@s to our guide about Seiko 5!
Seiko is watches, already at this stage it is one brand rather than consolidated in the field. And Seiko 5 Sports automatic line is presented as one of the best for those watches that one may look at all times.
The watch is equipped with a massive rotating bezel and space luminous indices for operation in dark conditions.
In addition, in this new line, Seiko works with stainless steel and has managed to increase the water resistance, so they are ideal for the practice of diving watches.
His Crown is protected with a glass of resistance to scratches and shock proof, which increases the durability of the product.
And versatility is one of the most important features, since it can be used at all times: go home to work, then to the gym or run a marathon, then take a bath and go out to dinner at an upscale restaurant.
In this way, Seiko combines resistance and robustness with style and elegance.
Watch star Seiko
Seiko 5 presents dimensions of 42 mm diameter excluding Crown. And it has handles and lettering of the hours high luminosity Lumibrite, for greater visibility in those moments of very low light. The outer glass is Hardlex, of high strength and hardness, resistant to blows and scratches. Furthermore, it includes the calendar function and resistant to magnetic sources under the compass.
Technical features of Seiko 5
It was in 1963 when the first Seiko Sportsmatic 5 enters the market, meaning a true revolution in the watchmaking industry and putting the brand, already input, as one of the major powers in the field.
Through its Seiko 5 line, the company sets a new standard for mechanical watches at affordable prices and with innovative features like automatic movement, resistance to water, screen with day and date and Bangle of great resistance.
In this way, users could access for the first time a robust, reliable and unique high-end watch without paying a fortune, as it came to be so far with the traditional line of Swiss watchmaking.
And the half-century-old company continued to grow until today, to continue offering its line of watches adapted to the user’s today, so many years later.
In this way, the Seiko 5 presents dimensions of 42 mm diameter excluding Crown. And it has handles and lettering of the hours high luminosity Lumibrite, for greater visibility in those moments of very low light.
The outer glass is Hardlex, of high strength and hardness, resistant to blows and scratches. Furthermore, it includes the calendar function and resistant to magnetic sources under the compass.
Its stainless steel strap comes with the traditional closing Japanese Seiko, a hallmark of the House brand. In addition and as the last notable feature is that it is submersible up to 200 meters.
Seiko is another great triumph of the Japanese in its relationship with the Western world. Before Seiko, the world of watchmaking was monopolized by Rolex and other Swiss companies which were guarantee of precision, elegance and quality.
There is no company that could compete even remotely close to them. Until power Japanese arrived with Seiko and kicked the Board of the 1960s with its Seiko 5 Sports models.
From that moment, have a Seiko product, as well as having a Rolex, was symbol of status, good to pass economic and unsure of themselves and with spirits optimistic and enterprising people.
Now you have the opportunity, if you want to be part of this tradition and purchase a Seiko 5 to wear it on your wrist and successes come to you from untimely manner.
Advantages and disadvantages
- It’s a precision piece of authentic, with a capacity of life that few other brands of similar ranges can ensure.
- All materials have been tested in the best laboratories in the Japanese company, thinking of the full satisfaction of the user and to maintain the tradition of the line star of Seiko watches.
- A watch of amazing beauty, presenting a sober but also shocking, design very true to the Japanese style of manufacturing technology. It’s a smart watch that combines very well with loose clothing in spring and summer, whether in situations of street, party or nautical.
- It’s one of the more accurate clocks on the market, featuring a rate of change of time, either in the phase of late or ahead, of a maximum of 1.5 seconds per day, which is nothing if compared with the other watches of the same range metria.
- Variations in the time measurement may vary depending on the conditions of the environment in which the clock is used. It is the disadvantage of automatic watches, that values cannot be altered and we have to rely on the expertise of the manufacturer. It is clear that it is the Seiko brand and so we have full confidence, since it is a leader and pioneer in the world of watchmaking.
- There is a risk that no counterfeit brand watches Seiko, taking into account that they are universal designs and many companies copied or try to copy. But there are many ways to avoid that we cheated. One is to weigh the face of the watch, without belt, a counterfeiter can copy the appearance of better but never the actual weight of a Seiko. And the other is to buy in stores such as Amazon, one hundred per cent reliable.