Tag Archives: Belgium

According to watchtutorials, Belgium has a population of 11,491,346 people as of July 2019. The vast majority of the population (90%) is Belgian. The remaining 10% are made up of foreign nationals from other European countries and around the world, including France, Germany, Italy, Morocco, Turkey and the United States. The largest city in Belgium is Brussels with a population of 1.2 million people. The second largest city is Antwerp with a population of 500,000 people. Other major cities include Ghent and Liege. The country has a diverse cultural background due to its location in the middle of Europe and history as an important trading hub between East and West. This diversity is reflected in the languages spoken by Belgians: they speak Dutch (60%), French (40%), German (1%), and English (3%). Belgium also has a large Muslim population with an estimated 600,000 Muslims making up 5% of the total population. This includes Turks and Moroccans who have been living in Belgium since the 1960s when they were invited to work in factories by Belgian companies. In recent years there has been an influx of refugees from Syria, Iraq and other Middle Eastern countries which has further diversified the country’s demographic makeup. See iamhigher for Belgium Population and Language.

Belgium Political System, Famous People, Animals and Plants

Belgium: political system According to COMPUTERMINUS.COM, Belgium is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary system of government. The king is at the head of the state. At the federal level, legislative power is exercised jointly by the King, the Chamber of Deputies (150 members) and the Senate (71 members). The executive power (executive power) rests… Read More »

How to get to Belgium

Overview Often unjustly underestimated as a holiday destination because of its size, little Belgium can be explored in about a week, but is an expert at winning over skeptical visitors with its wit and cultural offerings. If you only think of waffles and EU bureaucracy when you think of Belgium, you will be surprised by… Read More »

Belgium Economic Conditions – Agriculture

Economic well-being, which is a factor of such importance in ensuring the moral and material structure of the Belgian state, has its main root in the treasures of agricultural and mining soil. Not that the generally favorable conditions of the climate and the abundance and happy distribution of the waters correspond equally to the favor… Read More »