Tag Archives: Belize

According to watchtutorials, Belize is a small nation located in Central America, bordered by Mexico to the north and Guatemala to the west and south. As of 2019, the population of Belize was estimated at 388,487. The majority of Belize’s population is comprised of mestizos (people of mixed Amerindian and European descent) who make up around 70% of the population. The remaining 30% is comprised of Kriols (descendants of African slaves), Maya, Garifuna (descendants of African slaves and Carib Indians), East Indians, Mennonites, Chinese, and other ethnic groups. The official language spoken in Belize is English; however Spanish and Creole are also widely spoken languages. According to a survey conducted in 2012, 59% percent of Belizeans spoke English as their first language while 25% percent spoke Spanish as their first language. Additionally, 8% percent spoke Creole or Mayan languages as their first language. Religion in Belize is also quite diverse with Roman Catholicism being the largest denomination followed by Protestantism and other religions such as Buddhism and Islam. When it comes to education in Belize, primary school enrollment rate stands at around 98%. Literacy rate among adults aged 15 years old or older was estimated at 83%. Furthermore, higher education enrollment rate stands at around 20%. The most popular universities in Belize are University College of Belize which was established in 2000; Galen University which was established in 2003; Central American Health Sciences University which was established in 2006; and New Horizons International University which was established in 2007. See itypetravel for Belize Population and Language.

Belize Political System, Famous People, Animals and Plants

Belize: Political System The official name of the country is: Belize According to DISEASESLEARNING.COM, Belize is a parliamentary democracy and has been politically independent from Great Britain since September 21, 1981. The constitution of Belize, which came into force in 1981 for independence, regulates the status of the country as a constitutional monarchy in the… Read More »

How to get to Belize

Overview For outdoor enthusiasts, Belize offers endless opportunities. The small country has more in common with Caribbean islands than its Central American neighbors (its architectural style, for example). Every vacation destination in Belize has archaeological sites and national parks as well as marine and nature reserves. Mayan temples tower over tropical rainforests, and a vast… Read More »