Tag Archives: Bulgaria

According to watchtutorials, Bulgaria is a nation located in Southeastern Europe, with a population of over 7 million people. It is the 16th most populous country in Europe and ranks as the 81st most populous country in the world. Bulgarians are predominantly ethnic Bulgarians, making up 84.8% of the population. The remaining 15.2% of Bulgaria’s population includes Turks (8%), Roma (4.9%), and other ethnicities (2.3%). The majority of Bulgarians are Eastern Orthodox Christians, accounting for 60% of the population, while Muslims make up 10%. Other religions include Roman Catholicism, Protestantism and Judaism. The life expectancy in Bulgaria is 74 years for men and 80 years for women, which is slightly above the European average. The fertility rate stands at 1.5 children per woman (2016), which is slightly below the replacement rate of 2.1 children per woman required to ensure zero population growth over time without immigration or emigration fluxes. Bulgaria has an aging population with only 13% younger than 15 years old and 20% older than 65 years old (2018). Additionally, Bulgaria has a low birth rate with 8 births per 1000 people in 2017, which is among the lowest birth rates in Europe along with Romania and Greece (Eurostat). See iamhigher for Bulgaria Population and Language.

Bulgaria Political System, Famous People, Animals and Plants

Bulgaria: Political System According to COMPUTERMINUS.COM, Bulgaria is a parliamentary republic. At the head of the state is a president who is directly elected by the people every five years. The parliament consists of 240 members who are elected every four years. The head of government is a prime minister elected by parliament. See AbbreviationFinder… Read More »

How to get to Bulgaria

Overview Bulgaria, with its spectacular mountains, golden sandy beaches and bustling cities, has been attracting more and more vacation-seeking tourists in recent years. In fact, Bulgaria has changed tremendously with a construction boom, attracting numerous Western European investors with relatively cheap land prices and beautiful scenery. Families in particular like to go on all-inclusive holidays… Read More »

Bulgaria History in the 1920’s and 1930’s

The government of the so-called “Democratic Entente” (Demokrati è eski Zgovor), which occurred as a reaction to that of the murdered Stambolijski, under the presidency of A. Cankov (June 1923), neither did it last long. Serious discontent continued to spread among the masses, excited and bewildered by the tragic conditions of the nation’s political, economic… Read More »