Tag Archives: Democratic Republic of the Congo

According to watchtutorials, the population of the Democratic Republic of the Congo is estimated to be 85.3 million people as of 2020. The population is composed of over 200 African ethnic groups, including Mongo, Luba, Kongo, and Mangbetu-Azande. The majority of the population lives in rural areas, with only about 24% living in urban areas. The Congo has a high fertility rate and a young population; 44% are under 15 years old, while only 4% are 65 or older. Approximately 6 million refugees have fled to the Congo due to conflict and instability in neighboring countries. This has put a strain on resources and infrastructure in some areas. The official language of the Democratic Republic of the Congo is French but other local languages are also spoken by many Congolese citizens. These languages include Swahili and Lingala (both spoken by around 10 million people). Christianity is the predominant religion in this country with over 75% identifying as Christian while Islam, traditional beliefs, and other religions make up the remaining 25%. Education levels vary greatly across the country but overall literacy rates are low with only 56% of adults being able to read. Health care access is also limited in many regions due to lack of infrastructure or financial resources for health care services. See ejinhua for Democratic Republic of the Congo Population and Language.

How to get to Democratic Republic of the Congo

Overview Democratic Republic of the Congo is a country in Africa according to franciscogardening. The Democratic Republic of the Congo has numerous beautiful landscapes, lakes, forests, waterfalls and remarkable wildlife. However, it is a vast country with no infrastructure or transportation to speak of, and a troubled, complicated past. The 1998-2003 civil war claimed around… Read More »