Tag Archives: Greece

According to watchtutorials, Greece is a country with a population of 10.7 million people as of 2019. The population is mostly concentrated in the urban areas, with Athens and Thessaloniki being the two largest cities in the country. Approximately 80% of the population lives in urban areas, while the remaining 20% lives in rural areas. The population of Greece has been steadily increasing since 1950, but has seen a slight decrease due to emigration over the last few years. This decrease is mainly due to economic hardship and unemployment, which have caused many Greeks to leave their homeland in search of better opportunities abroad. The majority of emigrants are young adults aged 15-30 years old who are seeking employment opportunities outside Greece. Despite this decrease, Greece still remains one of the most densely populated countries in Europe with approximately 84 people per square kilometer. Greece’s population is diverse and includes Greek citizens as well as immigrants from other countries such as Albania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Egypt and other Middle Eastern countries. Immigrants make up approximately 11% of the total population and are mostly located within major cities such as Athens and Thessaloniki where they find employment opportunities or access to educational institutions. The median age in Greece is 44 years old with approximately 18% of the population being under 15 years old and 21% being over 65 years old. This aging population reflects both natural increase (births minus deaths) as well as migration patterns into Greece over time. Additionally, life expectancy at birth for males was 81 years old while for females it was 85 years old according to 2018 estimates from World Bank data. See iamhigher for Greece Population and Language.

Greece Political System, Famous People, Animals and Plants

Greece: political system According to COMPUTERMINUS.COM, Greece is a parliamentary democracy. The parliament is a unicameral system and consists of 300 people’s representatives who are elected for four years. A special feature is the fact that the strongest parliamentary group gets 50 seats in addition to the seats won by the election. The point of… Read More »

Sights of Corfu, Greece

The island of Corfu (also written as Corfu) is one of the Ionian Islands, located west of mainland Greece. The location of Corfu ensures that there is more precipitation in the early and late season than on many other Greek islands. As a result, nature on Corfu has a relatively green character. The many coves… Read More »

How to get to Greece

Overview Greece is an eclectic mix of chic nightclubs, freshly caught seafood, sparkling Mediterranean passion and legendary Greek myths. It is a fascinating and enchanting travel destination, whether you want to relax on the eternally sunny beach or discover ancient ruins. Greece’s cities are home to some of the most precious architectural monuments in history… Read More »