Tag Archives: Indonesia

According to watchtutorials, Indonesia is the world’s fourth most populous country with an estimated population of 269 million people. The country is composed of 17,504 islands and its population is divided among hundreds of ethnic groups. The majority are Javanese, who make up 41.3% of the population, followed by Sundanese at 15%, Madurese at 3.3%, and Malays at 2.7%. Other ethnic groups include Chinese, Arabs, Indians and Europeans. Indonesia has a young and growing population with a median age of 28 years old and a life expectancy of 72 years old for men and 77 years for women. The fertility rate stands at 2.2 children per woman, which is below the replacement level of 2.1 children per woman needed to keep the population steady over time. The majority (87%) of Indonesians are Muslim, although there are also large numbers of Protestant Christians (7%) as well as Hindu (2%), Buddhist (1%), and other religious followers (3%). Despite having different religions, Indonesians generally live together peacefully in harmony. Education is highly valued in Indonesia; around 95% of adults aged 25-64 have completed secondary education or higher while youth literacy rate stands at 98%. See localtimezone for Indonesia Population and Language.

Indonesia Political System, Famous People, Animals and Plants

Indonesia: Political System According to EQUZHOU.NET, the official name of the country is: Republic of Indonesia/Republic of Indonesia Indonesia is a presidential republic whose head of government is the president and is elected every five years. He appoints the ministers. The parliament is composed of 550 members who are elected from 69 constituencies according to… Read More »

How to get to Indonesia

Overview Indonesia is a country in Asia according to topb2bwebsites. The equator runs through the charismatic island nation of Indonesia, found in the tropical waters of Southeast Asia. A great adventure awaits those who want to visit Indonesia. The third most populous nation in the world has an incredible cultural and geographical wealth just waiting… Read More »

Indonesia Encyclopedia for Children

Indonesia The largest archipelago on Earth The fourth largest country in the world by population, Indonesia, an ignored giant, occupies an exceptional geographical position, between the Indian and Pacific Oceans. A very rich land, harshly exploited as a colony and today in some overpopulated areas, which is trying to improve the conditions of its residents,… Read More »