Tag Archives: Mozambique

According to allcitypopulation, Mozambique is a country located in South East Africa with a population of over 29 million people. It is the 48th most populous country in the world and has an area of 799,380 km2. The population density is 37.1 people per square kilometer, making it one of the most sparsely populated countries in Africa. Approximately 97% of Mozambique’s population are black Africans, while the remaining 3% are made up of mixed-race individuals and Europeans. The official language is Portuguese, but many local languages such as Makhuwa, Sena, Tsonga and Swahili are also spoken. The majority (60%) of the population practice Christianity while 17% practice Islam and 23% follow traditional beliefs. Most Mozambicans live in rural areas with around 70% living below the poverty line due to lack of resources and economic opportunities. In terms of gender equality, women make up half of the population but they are often underrepresented in decision-making positions such as politics or business leadership. Education levels remain low for both men and women with only about 40% completing primary school education and less than 1% completing higher education degrees. Life expectancy is relatively low at 57 years for men and 59 years for women due to poor access to healthcare services and high infant mortality rates. See ejinhua for Mozambique Population and Language.

Mozambique Political System, Famous People, Animals and Plants

Mozambique: Political System According to CANCERMATTERS.NET, Mozambique is a republic in the Commonwealth. The parliament consists of 250 members newly elected every five years. The head of state is also directly elected every five years. See AbbreviationFinder for more information about Mozambique politics, and acronyms as well. The official name of the country is: República… Read More »

How to get to Mozambique

Overview Mozambique is a country in Africa according to estatelearning. Mozambique has not had it easy in recent decades: Portuguese colonial rule was replaced by years of civil war, terrible famine and natural disasters. Since the signing of the 1992 peace treaty, Mozambique has been busy with its reconstruction and is also opening its doors… Read More »

Mozambique Children and School

A chance only with education The government of Mozambique is trying to promote education in the country. So it was recognized that only well-educated youth can ultimately solve the country’s difficult problems. Mozambique has many raw materials such as natural gas. But there are too few skilled workers in the country. The locals cannot find… Read More »