Tag Archives: Nauru

According to watchtutorials, Nauru is a small island nation located in the South Pacific Ocean, northeast of Australia. It has a total population of 11,347 people, according to the latest census figures. The majority of the population are Nauruans, who make up around 98% of the population. The remaining 2% is made up of other Pacific Islanders, Europeans and Asians. Most people live in small villages and towns on or near the coast. The capital city is Yaren, which is home to about 2,000 people. Nauruans are an ethnically diverse group with Melanesian and Polynesian roots. They are predominantly Christian with a small number of Muslims and other religious groups present on the island. English is spoken widely throughout the country although many locals also speak their native language as well as various other Pacific languages. Nauru’s economy is heavily dependent on phosphate mining and fishing; however tourism has recently become an important source of income for the country as well. With its picturesque beaches, lush rainforest and unique culture, Nauru offers visitors a truly unique experience that can’t be found anywhere else in the world. See itypetravel for Nauru Population and Language.

Nauru Political System, Famous People, Animals and Plants

Nauru: Political System According to DISEASESLEARNING.COM, the official name of the country is: Republic of Nauru Nauru is a parliamentary republic that can also be described as a presidential-parliamentary republic in the Commonwealth of Nations. See AbbreviationFinder for more information about Nauru politics, and acronyms as well. The parliament with 18 members is elected for… Read More »

How to get to Nauru

Overview The island of Nauru, which is rather atypical for the Pacific and is surrounded by a coral reef, has been mined for decades for phosphate, which can clearly be seen in the interior of the island. In the water, strong sea currents unfortunately make swimming and diving almost impossible. Although tourism has never played… Read More »