Tag Archives: Poland

According to allcitypopulation, the population of Poland is mainly composed of ethnic Poles, who make up 96.7% of the population. The remaining 3.3% includes other ethnic minorities such as Ukrainians, Belarusians, Germans, Lithuanians, Russians and Jews. The largest minority group are the Ukrainians, with an estimated population of 1.2 million people in Poland in 2019. The largest city in Poland is Warsaw with a population of 1.7 million people in 2019. Other major cities include Krakow (753 thousand), Lodz (692 thousand) and Wroclaw (631 thousand). Poland has one of the highest birth rates in Europe and its population growth rate is higher than the average for the European Union countries at 0.4%. In 2018, more than 700 thousand babies were born in Poland which is a record high for the country since its transition to democracy after 1989. The life expectancy rate for both men and women has seen an increase over recent years with a current average of 76 years for men and 82 years for women in 2019. This is slightly higher than the EU average but still lower than many other western countries such as Germany or France where life expectancy averages around 80 years for both men and women. See iamhigher for Poland Population and Language.

Poland Political System, Famous People, Animals and Plants

Poland Political system According to COMPUTERMINUS.COM, the Republic of Poland is a parliamentary democracy. The parliament is made up of two chambers: the Sejm (460 members) and the Senate (100 members). The chambers are elected every four years. The head of state is directly elected every five years. It can be re-elected once. The right… Read More »

How to get to Poland

Overview Poland is a country in Europe according to extrareference. Poland, one of Europe’s most underrated countries, has a lot to offer travelers of all stripes, from the rugged landscapes of the mountainous south, to great skiing and hiking areas, to the magnificent historic cities of Kraków, Zamosc and Gdansk (Danzig), to the great Wilderness… Read More »

Poland Post-war Economic Conditions

The post-war territorial changes contributed to radically transform the economic structures and functions of Poland, a predominantly agricultural country until the Second World War. After the first phase of reconstruction from the devastation of the war, the new socialist government issued important measures regarding the nationalization of industry and commerce and agrarian reform. From the… Read More »

Poznan in Poland

According to Computergees, Poznan is a city in Poland and is considered one of the oldest in the country. Visitors to Poland will love Poznan as the city has a lot of historical buildings. Both the cathedral in Poznan and numerous other sacred buildings of the city are worth a visit. The advantage of Poznan is… Read More »