Tag Archives: Somalia

According to watchtutorials, Somalia is a country located on the Horn of Africa and encompasses an area of 637,657 square kilometers. It has a population of 15 million people and is the most populous country in the Horn of Africa region. The population is primarily composed of ethnic Somalis, who make up around 85% of the total population, with other ethnic groups such as Bantu, Arabs and Italians making up the remaining 15%. The majority of Somalis are Sunni Muslims, although there are also small numbers of Shia Muslims and some smaller religious groups such as Christian minorities. The official language in Somalia is Somali, although Arabic and Italian are also spoken in some areas. The population density in Somalia is relatively low at around 23 people per square kilometer. This is due to its large size and the presence of vast desert regions within its borders. The majority of the country’s population lives along its coastlines or in urban areas such as Mogadishu, Hargeisa, Kismayo and Berbera. In terms of education levels, Somalia has one of the lowest literacy rates in the world at just 37%, with only 6% having completed secondary education or higher. This can be attributed to persistent conflict over recent decades which has caused disruption to educational systems across much of the country. Despite this, there have been some improvements in recent years due to increased funding for public schools from organizations such as UNICEF and USAID. See ejinhua for Somalia Population and Language.

Somalia Political System, Famous People, Animals and Plants

Somalia: Political System According to CANCERMATTERS.NET, Somalia is a republic. The transitional parliament consists of 245 appointed members. The Transitional National Government (TNG) tries to exercise state authority, but has only a very limited influence. She represents the country in the United Nations and in the Arab League. See AbbreviationFinder for more information about Somalia… Read More »

How to get to Somalia

Overview Somalia, an unusual travel destination, is only for lucky visitors with a bulletproof vest. Travel is only possible within the self-proclaimed Republic of Somaliland, but even the bravest should avoid the rest of the country. The chaos Somalia is in is preventing the world from seeing its diverse landscape of mountains, deserts, tropical forests,… Read More »