According to Topschoolsintheusa, Zephyr Cove, Nevada is located in Douglas County and is home to a population of around 2,500 people. The town is situated on the eastern shore of Lake Tahoe and provides stunning views of the lake and surrounding mountains. The climate in Zephyr Cove is mild and temperate throughout the year, with cool summers and mild winters.
The history of Zephyr Cove dates back to the early 1800s when it was first settled by Native Americans. In 1844, it was given its current name after a stormy wind blew through the area. In the late 1800s, Zephyr Cove became a popular tourist destination due to its picturesque views and easy access to Lake Tahoe.
Today, Zephyr Cove remains an important part of Douglas County’s political landscape. It is governed by a mayor-council form of government with four council members elected from four wards within the town limits. The economy in Zephyr Cove largely revolves around tourism and recreation due to its proximity to Lake Tahoe and its many attractions such as skiing, boating, fishing, camping, hiking, biking, golfing and more.
Education in Zephyr Cove is provided by Douglas County School District which serves students from kindergarten through grade twelve at two schools: Zephyr Elementary School for grades K-5th grade and George Whittell High School for grades 9-12th grade.
Zephyr Cove features several notable landmarks including Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course which has hosted multiple professional tournaments since 1968; Thunderbird Lodge which was once owned by George Whittell; Cave Rock Tunnel; Round Hill Pines Beach & Marina; Ski Run Marina; Valhalla Estate; Ski Run Bike Park; Marla Bay Beach & Picnic Area; Kingsbury Grade Roadside Park; Sand Harbor State Park; Spooner Lake State Park; Cave Rock State Park and more.
Males: 878 (53.2%), Females: 771 (46.8%)
Zip code: 89448
Median resident age: 47.8 years
Median household income: $60,851
Median house value: $309,400
Races in Zephyr Cove-Round Hill Village:
- White Non-Hispanic (91.5%)
- Hispanic (3.9%)
- Two or more races (1.9%)
- Other race (1.2%)
- American Indian (1.2%)
Ancestries: German (20.3%), English (19.2%), Irish (10.7%), Italian (7.6%), Scottish (7.5%), French (5.2%).
Land area: 7.9 square miles
Zephyr Cove is a small community located on the shore of Lake Tahoe in Nevada. It has a population of just under 1,000 people and is located in Douglas County. The cost of living in Zephyr Cove is slightly higher than the national average due to its proximity to the lake and its desirable location. The median home value in Zephyr Cove is roughly $530,000, which is much higher than the national median home value of $231,200. Renters can expect to pay an average of around $1,400 per month for a two-bedroom apartment.
The population of Zephyr Cove is largely white with about 66% identifying as Caucasian, followed by Hispanic or Latino at 15%. The rest of the population consists of African American (7%), Asian (3%), Native American (3%), and other races or ethnicities (6%). Education levels are high with 91% having completed high school or higher. The median household income for this area is approximately $76,000 per year which is higher than the national median household income which stands at around $61,000 annually.
Overall, Zephyr Cove has an affluent population with a high median household income and a high cost of living compared to other areas in Nevada. It offers plenty of outdoor activities due to its location on Lake Tahoe as well as its proximity to several ski resorts and hiking trails. Residents also have access to various amenities such as restaurants, shopping centers, schools and medical facilities nearby.
For population 25 years and over in Zephyr Cove-Round Hill Village
- High school or higher: 95.6%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 35.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 12.6%
- Unemployed: 7.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 12.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Zephyr Cove-Round Hill Village CDP
- Never married: 19.1%
- Now married: 57.9%
- Separated: 2.2%
- Widowed: 1.6%
- Divorced: 19.1%
6.5% Foreign born (3.2% Europe, 1.6% Asia, 1.4% Latin America).
Hospitals/medical centers near Zephyr Cove-Round Hill Village:
- BARTON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA)
- CARSON REHABILITATION CENTER (about 17 miles; CARSON CITY, NV)
- INCLINE VILLAGE HEALT CENTER (about 18 miles; INCLINE VILLAGE, NV)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Zephyr Cove-Round Hill Village:
- LAKE TAHOE (about 9 miles; SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA; Abbreviation: TVL)
- RENO/TAHOE INTERNATIONAL (about 36 miles; RENO, NV; Abbreviation: RNO)
- BEALE AFB (about 104 miles; MARYSVILLE, CA; Abbreviation: BAB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Zephyr Cove-Round Hill Village:
- MINDEN-TAHOE (about 14 miles; MINDEN, NV; Abbreviation: MEV)
- HOMEWOOD (about 16 miles; LAKE TAHOE, CA; Abbreviation: Q74)
- CARSON (about 20 miles; CARSON CITY, NV; Abbreviation: CXP)
Amtrak stations near Zephyr Cove-Round Hill Village:
- 3 miles: STATELINE (STATELINE AVE. AT LAKE TAHOE BLVD.) – Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, full-service food facilities, free short-term parking, call for taxi service, intercity bus service.
- 3 miles: STATELINE (STATELINE AVE. AT LAKE TAHOE BLVD.) – Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, full-service food facilities, free short-term parking, call for taxi service, intercity bus service.
- 7 miles: SOUTH LAKE TAHOE (1000 LAKE TAHOE BLVD.) – Bus Station. Services: fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, free short-term parking, call for taxi service.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Zephyr Cove-Round Hill Village:
- WESTERN NEVADA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 16 miles; Carson City, NV; Full-time enrollment: 2,167)
- TRUCKEE MEADOWS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 40 miles; RENO, NV; Full-time enrollment: 4,615)
- SIERRA COLLEGE (about 91 miles; ROCKLIN, CA; Full-time enrollment: 9,313)
- AMERICAN RIVER COLLEGE (about 100 miles; SACRAMENTO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 13,984)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY-SACRAMENTO (about 108 miles; SACRAMENTO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 20,830)
- CHARLES A JONES SKILLS AND BUSINESS ED CENTER (about 109 miles; SACRAMENTO, CA; Full-time enrollment: 2,704)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA-RENO (about 109 miles; RENO, NV; Full-time enrollment: 10,375)